Saturday, June 7, 2008

6 Years, 4 Hours

In four hours I have to be awake to get ready and head to the airport to catch my flight to DC for my staging. How am I spending these last few hours at home (aside from not sleeping...clearly)? I'm posting, listening to old school Mariah Carey songs (pre-glitter, pre-meltdown, pre-emancipation days) and thinking about how in four short hours I'll begin a dream I've had for 6 years...

I don't even remember what I packed. I think I hit a point where everything within a 3 foot radius of my suitecase ended up in there...whether initially intended to go or not. I guess it will be like Christmas morning really...full of surprises! Wait, I take that back. Normally I open my presents, use them and re-wrap them before Christmas morning, so I know exactly what I'm getting. So maybe this is more like what Christmas morning should be? Maybe I'm thinking too much about this?

Anyway! Peanuts or pretzels? Hmm...

No comments: