Thursday, May 28, 2009

First We Hit the Streets....Then We Take It to the Recording Studio



Well I guess a lot has probably happened since the last time I posted...but I can't really remember everything right now.

The biggest event recently was AIDS testing in my village. It went really well! Doctors from town came and we were able to test over 100 people that day. We worked continuously from 9:30 until 6 o'clock. Unfortunately we weren't able to test everyone that came because there were so many people, but we're looking to test again in the next month. The week before I had the students make up songs and raps to sing at the event. It was pretty much the funniest thing. I was really excited for them to sing and told everyone they were in for a treat! Well, I guess they all got a case of stage fright when it came time for performance because they refused to come and kept running around and hiding behind the building. Luckily, I heard them in class and even took some videos for them...so I can vouch for their talent. They promised next time they would sing. I'm holding them to that.

1 comment:

Jasilyn said...

It better not be a one hit wonder!