Monday, July 13, 2009

If You're Happy and You Know It....Stare at the Foreigner

I realize I'm not very reliable on updating this often but I'll try to recap the last couple months.

**Highlight Number 1: Attempting to teach "If You're Happy and You Know It" to a classroom of around 80 primary school students. I think you can imagine how this went. I thought it bombed but it turned out they loved it.

**Highlight Number 2: Attending a community theater workshop to learn how to teach about HIV/AIDS and other issues through theater, music, dancing, etc. After giving an academy award winning performance I decided I'll leave the acting up to the kids in my village....along with the singing and dancing.

**Highlight Number 3: Take Your Daughter to Work Day---or so I'm calling it. I went to my best friend's village to meet her parents and the rest of her family. Her dad slaughters animals everyday so I asked if I could go with him to watch. Despite the grotesqueness of the job I'm still not going vegetarian.

**Highlight Number 4: After the slaying I found myself eating lunch at a member of Parliament's house. Don't ask me how it happened...it just did. They also had electricity...and a tv....and cable! It was a great day.

**Highlight Number 5: WE'RE GETTING A SCHOOL KITCHEN!!!!! I'm pumped. Enough said.

No comments: